al-Qaeda and Taliban

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Thu Mar 21 12:48:45 PST 2002

On Thu, 21 Mar 2002, Naji Dahi wrote:

> From what I gather on the identity of those who spied, they do not seem to
> be oridnary kids. Here is a partial list:

No, on the contrary, I think this is a normal distribution. If you arrested 200 Israeli college kids at random, you'd expect 20% to have army job IDs like this. And if you as the FBI were doing a fishing operation and winnowed it down to the guys most likely to be involved, you'd end up just such a list of 40 guys.

But again, I don't see why Mossad couldn't give them a better way to tide themselves over than a common illegal job. Why not give them a few thousand dollars in graduation presents so they don't have to work at all? It's a perfectly plausible cover story and wouldn't leave so many obviously dangerous loose ends.

Michael