It's official: No military action against Iraq (beyond the usual perpetual bombing)

Cian cian_oconnor at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Mar 21 14:49:40 PST 2002

--- Justin Schwartz <jkschw at hotmail.com> wrote: >

> >>Sandbagging alert!! I for one recall all the awed
> descriptions
> >>of the Iraqi military by the Pentagon, before they
> went in and
> >>cleaned their clock.
> >
> >Yup, and the left bought the sandbags in quantity.
> This time we're
> >hearing "Iraq is not Afghanistan," which is
> unarguably true, but that
> >doesn't mean that the Pentagon couldn't make
> hamburger of them. I
> >wish the U.S. military were as ineffective as some
> antiwarriors like
> >to claim.
>
> ALl true, but anyone who thinks the war in
> Afghanistan is over isn't
> looking. Where are those alleged 800 dead a-Q/T
> fighters from Operation
> Anaconda?

Vaporised/Sent to Another Dimension/Exorcised/Burried in real deep graves. Disguised as rocks. Shrunk so small the TV crews can't see them. I offer all these suggestions and more to the Pentagon press office.

> I believe the confirmed deaths are aboyt
> 12, to eight US, which,
> if appriximately accurate, means that the a-Q/T
> forces won a decisive,
> indeed a stunning victory against overwhelming odds.

Plus some dead Afghans as well. Given that they took a couple of helicopters out with small arms fire, I think the US might just have underestimated these guys. I mean could those mean, bad, shades wrapped, Special Forces do that? The ones with no surname, cos they're like elite dude. Yeah, elite like a straight to video movie starring Belgian, steroid abusers.

Still it is a big blow against organised terrorism, now that they're fighting Mujhadeen and Chechean rebels. Yessire.