al-Qaeda and Taliban

Hakki Alacakaptan nucleus at superonline.com
Thu Mar 21 22:59:07 PST 2002

Sorry Michael, I just pasted the URL that was at the bottom of the page. I'd saved that file without saving the URL separately. These are good:

http://www.asif.freeserve.co.uk/spyconfess/part4.htm Confessions of a British Spy

"Muhammad of Najd was the sort I had been looking for. For his scorn for the time's scholars, his slighting even the (earliest) four Khalifas, his having an independent view in understanding the Qur'an and the Sunna were his most vulnerable points to hunt and obtain him. So different this conceited youngster was from that Ahmed Efendi who had taught me in Istanbul! That scholar, like his predecessors, was reminiscent of a mountain. No power would be able to move him. Whenever he mentioned the name of Abu Hanifa, he would stand up, go and make ablution. Whenever he meant to hold the book of Hadith named Bukhari, he would, again, make ablution. The Sunnis trust this book very much."

http://www.sufi.it/Islam/wahlast.htm THE BEGINNING AND SPREADING OF WAHHABISM[*] [*] Ttranslated, for the most part, from Ayyub Sabri Pasha's Turkish work Mir'at al-Haramain: 5 volumes, Matba'a-i Bahriyye, Istanbul, 1301-1306 A.H.

"In 1125 (1713 A.D.), he met Hempher, a British spy, in Basra, who understood that this unexperienced young person (ibn 'Abd al-Wahhab) has a desire to be a chief by way of revolution, established a long-term friendship with him. He inspired him the trics and lies that he had learned from the British Ministry of the Commonwealth. Seeing that Muhammad enjoys these inspirations, he proposed him to establish a new religion."

http://www.sefarad.org/desinfo/20011009.html Albert Soued

LE WAHABISME

"En ce qui concerne le wahabisme, tout a commencé en 1713, quand A'bdel Wahab, un adolescent obscur mais intelligent et agressif rencontre à Basra un espion anglais du nom de Hemfer. "