Bobby Fischer on 9/11

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Fri Mar 22 13:43:09 PST 2002

Chuck Grimes:

> Which Chuck, Chuck_0?

No -- you.

> But you realize the usefulness of publishing a quack like Fischer, is
> to discredit any reasonable opposition to the whole war mongering
> mentality sweeping the US; to discredit any examination of the
> underlying reasons for attacks against the US; and the general
> discredit the whole background of anti-american sentiment around the
> world. It is as if to say, see, they are all like Fischer,
> anti-semitic, irrational craziods. So the self re-enforcing warmth
> flows, that yes, we the US are right after all.

I've no prob with serious opposition to the War on Terror, even though I've come to believe that some force is needed against al-Qaeda, if only to disrupt it (uprooting and destroying it is another question entirely). But with Charles and Hakki I see nothing remotely serious; mostly conspiracy-mongering and related noises. I lumped you with Fischer simply because you two share the same "the US had it coming" stance, which, taken to its logical end, means that those who died in the Towers had it coming (or were a necessary sacrifice) and that al-Qaeda is some kind of "resistance" to Empire, regardless of how you personally feel about that gang. I think this is a bankrupt argument that does not become someone of your intelligence and lucidity.

DP