Russian Israelis

John Mage jmage at panix.com
Fri Mar 22 15:21:25 PST 2002

pradeep <ppillai at sprint.ca> wrote:

>>Good on you, Max. I've known Norman for more than ten years. He's a
>>brave and thoroughly decent man, with the most honorable set of enemies
>>possible. Sad to see this sort of thing from Brad...
>

>>john mage

> "Good on you Max"???
> Did you miss what this idiot said? In responseto a thread which brought
> up the issue of Isreali racism -- a relevant topic, one would think, on
> a list supposedly for leftists, most of whom belonging to the country
> which underwrites Israel's apartheid and ethnic cleansing policies -- he
> accused certain people of being . . . anti-semites!!
>
> Now tell us Max, who the FUCK were you talking about?
>
> - -pradeep

Good on Max for calling Brad on his snide attack on someone earnest thorough and decent (Norman Finkelstein) who has been continually subjected to vicious attacks from some very wicked people for talking truth in public on a subject that here in New York City you have to be very brave to do (I was reading reading Gertrude Stein last week and it has not worn off yet).

I guessed Max was kidding about different standards for permitted discourse for jews and gentiles and therefore about the whole exchange and if he wasn't then he is being an idiot but it is much more likely that he is joking.

john mage