Russian Israelis

Brad DeLong jbdelong at uclink.berkeley.edu
Fri Mar 22 16:16:50 PST 2002

>Good on Max for calling Brad on his snide attack on someone earnest
>thorough and decent (Norman Finkelstein) who has been continually
>subjected to vicious attacks from some very wicked people for
>talking truth in public on a subject that here in New York City you
>have to be very brave to do (I was reading reading Gertrude Stein
>last week and it has not worn off yet).
>
>I guessed Max was kidding about different standards for permitted
>discourse for jews and gentiles and therefore about the whole
>exchange and if he wasn't then he is being an idiot but it is much
>more likely that he is joking.
>
>john mage

For me to say that it creeps me out to see "Aryan" and "Israel" in the same paragraph is not an attack--it's a reaction. No matter how earnest, no matter how decent, no matter how thorough anyone is, it will *still* creep me out if they use the words "Aryan" and "Israel" in the same paragraph.

Now if you want to argue that it *shouldn't* creep me out to see the words "Aryan" and "Israel" in the same paragraph, *that* would creep me out to the max...

Brad DeLong