Spineless Max S. and Reactionary Slander (was RE: Russian Israelis)

Brad DeLong jbdelong at uclink.berkeley.edu
Sat Mar 23 22:24:47 PST 2002

>Pradeep seems to me generally correct here, without the ad hominems. The
>recent discussion of Cockburn on lbo-talk evinces a sort of
>antisemite-baiting that polices the bounds of acceptable debate...

Recall that Cockburn was mainlining the _Protocols of the Elders of Zion_:

>There are a number of stories sloshing around the news now
>that have raised discussion of Israel and of the posture
>of American Jews to an acrid level. The purveyor of anthrax
>may have been a former government scientist of Jewish ethnic
>extraction with a record of baiting a colleague of Arab origins,
>acting with the intent to blame the anthrax on Muslim terrorists.

If anyone here wrote that the terror attack on the WTC by Muslims "raised discussions of the posture of American Muslims to an acrid level," I would be denouncing them as racist swine--and I don't think I would find any objections here.

But somehow it does seem to be different when it's "the Jews"--and I think pradeep and C. G. Estabrook need to ask themselves why...

Brad DeLong