Spineless Max S. and Reactionary Slander (was RE: Russian Israelis)

C. G. Estabrook galliher at alexia.lis.uiuc.edu
Sat Mar 23 23:17:54 PST 2002

Hyperbole like this would just be silly, were it not an example of antisemite-baiting, as mentioned.

It is in fact true that "the terror attack on the WTC by Muslims raised discussions of the posture of American Muslims to an acrid level." It did a good bit more -- it put a lot of them in jail. And one is not a racist swine for noting the facts.

Similarly, Cockburn was simply reporting what is the case when he wrote that "there are a number of stories [he gives examples] sloshing around the news now that have raised discussion of Israel and of the posture of American Jews to an acrid level." And he ran afoul of only the language cops.

I believe that Pradeep and I are suggesting that it shouldn't be different when it's the Jews. --CGE