Israel

joanna bujes joanna.bujes at ebay.sun.com
Mon Mar 25 11:52:19 PST 2002

At 07:34 PM 03/24/2002 -0500, James wrote:
>It would be truer to say that the United States' changing policy towards
>Israel had an impact upon mainstream Jewish organisations in the
>sixties, and more so in the seventies.

Thanks for the very clear exposition. ...and yet the Israeli state is not finally just an arm of U.S. foreign policy; I mean, we are looking at a marriage of convenience here between 20th century poster children of genocide (jews) and the most powerful imperialist nation on earth (the U.S.). You must admit that this has resulted in a symbiosis that has benefitted both partners...but not ultimately (I would argue), the jewish people.

Joanna