Politica Boricua

SergioL652 at aol.com SergioL652 at aol.com
Tue Mar 26 17:02:47 PST 2002

I did say he was popular in my family (3 out of 7 siblings do not hate him). I would guess that most Puerto Ricans living in the EO don't give Castro a second thought. However in Cuban areas (Miami, Perth Amboy I believe) it is suicide to express anything but hatred for Castro. Puerto Ricans expressing this may be doing it for pragmatic reasons. I understand in Miami Puerto Ricans are treated as second class citizens by the Cubans. My brother lived there for a short time before returning to Puerto Rico because he felt like a Black in South Africa during Apartheid (his words) My sister recently moved there where she has the double whammy of being married to an Arab guy.

Sergio

Déjenme decirles, a riesgo de parecer ridículo, que el revolucionario verdadero está guiado por grandes sentimientos de amor.

Che