Oscars

virgil tibbs sheik_of_encino at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 27 12:20:29 PST 2002

I must say that I am the only one that thought Poiter's speech was bullshit....you can take from my screen name what I think of his work...he had a chance to say what a cloistered little club hollywood was and how not much had changed other than ther terms one used for people who had darker skin pigmentation. He gave a gracious speech, I admit, but I was sorley disappointed that he did not throw his considerable weight into the ring...He could have said that tonight is irrelevant, even if Halle and Denzel win that is not what "it" is about. "It" is about who controls the pursestrings and decides how african americans are portrayed.

Finally props to Randy Newman for saluting THE best director in the world. peace