Oscars

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 27 12:45:29 PST 2002

--- joanna bujes <joanna.bujes at ebay.sun.com> wrote:
> At 09:51 AM 03/27/2002 -0500, Nathan wrote:
> >That's a really unfortunate denigration of talent
> by Denzel Washington and
> >Halle Barry.
>
> What's unfortunate is your thinking that my comment
> had anything to do with
> the acting talent of people of color.

Joanna is right. I wonder why Nathan made that assumption that a thumbs down to this Oscar ceremony meant a thumbs down to the acting talent of people of color.

It would seem that Nathan is proceeding from the logic that "Two people of color FINALLY won Best Actor and Best Actress"

Ergo If you didn't like this Oscar awards ceremony, you are denigrating people of color.

Thomas

===== "The tradition of all the dead generations

weighs like a nightmare on the brain of the living"

-Karl Marx