vanity plates (was Re: Oscars...Randy Newman)

Jeffrey Fisher jfisher at igc.org
Wed Mar 27 12:40:15 PST 2002

On Wednesday, March 27, 2002, at 02:22 PM, Justin Schwartz wrote:

>> Justin Schwartz wrote:
>>
>>> They don't respect us, so let's surprise 'em
>>> Drop the Big One, and pulverize 'em.
>>
>> Let's leave Chicago to the Eskimos
>> That town's a little to rugged for you & me
>> -- "I Love L.A."
>
> We had snow yesterday, a fair amount. It's mostly gone now. The other
> day I saw a great Chicago license plate: "BBBRRRR"!

and you know that's only because "BRRRR" and "BRRRRR" are already taken . . .

and now for word association football . . . speaking of vanity plates, the smoking gun has an archive about such things: http://www.thesmokinggun.com/blueplate/blueplate.html

in particular, there is a set of letters obtained by FOIA from washington state wherein concerned citizens report "offensive" license plates or owners defend their license plates. http://www.thesmokinggun.com/blueplate/washplates1.html

my favorites, for entirely opposite reasons, were the defenses of UZI 4 U http://www.thesmokinggun.com/blueplate/washplates4.html

and CNLNGS http://www.thesmokinggun.com/blueplate/washplates11.html

jeff