Israel's full-spectrum dominance of US punditry

Peter K. peterk at enteract.com
Fri Mar 29 21:01:07 PST 2002

>COLUMNISTS LIKELY TO CRITICIZE BOTH ISRAEL AND THE PALESTINIANS, BUT VIEW
>THEMSELVES TO BE CRITICALLY SUPPORTERS OF ISRAEL, AND ULTIMATELY, WOULD
>SUPPORT ISRAELI SECURITY OVER PALESTINIAN RIGHTS:
>[*] Thomas Friedman, The New York Times,
>[*] Richard Cohen, The Washington Post and New York Daily News
>[*] Avishai Margolit, The New York Review of Books
>[*] David Remnick, The New Yorker
>[*] Eric Alterman, The Nation and MSNBC.com
>[*] The New York Times Editorial Board
>[*] The Washington Post Editorial Board

It's interesting Alterman would admit to this. The BBC World News, which I can get on cable here in Chicago, is pretty fair. Today, the spellbinding anchor Mishal Husain was asking leading questions to the Jerusalem correspondent Orla Guerin about the new aggression. Guerin was saying that without the Palestinina Authority, Israel would be even less secure. I could see a partisan of Israel being outraged over their exchange. The program also showed large protests in Greece and Lebanon, complete with American flag burning, and said Egypt was outraged.

Peter