oh those last minute holiday decisions

Peter K. peterk at enteract.com
Fri Mar 29 22:40:17 PST 2002

>> However, the baddies have taken a blow with the "Bipartisan
>> Campaign Reform Act of 2002".
>
>Aw come off it. What difference does this issue make before or after the
>bill was passed but provide a safe topic for left columnists who
>otherwise might (horror) be faced with actually talking about the real
>world. It's merely an agreement among high-echelon but competitive
>lackeys to regulate their game a bit for mutual benefit. For the rest of
>us, nothing will change.
>
>Carrol

Let's leave out the left columnists, shall we, and talk about the real world. Practically and pragmaticly, it moves the ball down the field a few yards. This is how change sometimes happens ... in the real world. What I would like you, with your Olympian certitude, to explain is why the mere mortals of the Black Caucus were so against the original agreement. Surely these "lackeys" were fighting for their community and not for mere self-interest. Maybe you read about it in your black magazine? Of course, Republicans thought it mattered because they believe 1 dollar should equal 1 vote. I still don't understand why the ACLU is so worked up about it.

What's that famous quote from Galileo? And yet it moves?

Peter