Moldova

ChrisD(RJ) chrisd at russiajournal.com
Sat Mar 30 03:38:29 PST 2002

'Cause I mentioned the political crisis in Moldova over the missing opposition figure. This is from teh Moldovan news server I subscribe to.

The "ruling party" is the Moldovan CP.

Chris Doss The Russia Journal ------------------

ROMANIAN SENATOR ILIE ILASCU SAYS THAT MISSING OF VLAD CUBREACOV MIGHT BE ORGANIZED EITHER BY CDPP OR BY TIRASPOL

The missing of the Moldovan MP Vlad Cubreacov might be either a deed of Iurie Rosca with Vlad Cubreacov as an accomplice, or of the Tiraspol services, Romanian senator Ilie Ilascu said on Thursday within a programme of the Moldovan National Radio.

"If this bad joke was made by the CDPP /Christian Democratic Popular Party/, he will appear on Monday-Tuesday, in case those from the left bank of Dniester abducted him, he will never appear", Ilie Ilascu underscored. The Romanian senator said that, however, the version on the incident's organization within the CDPP is the most probable.

Ilascu mentioned that according to all his calculations, the ruling party is not interested in the happening of such a thing to Vlad Cubreacov. He said that all the Romanian politicians are of the same opinion, in principle. "Mr Voronin and his advisers could not deal with such foolish thinks, since they do not have the chance to escape responsibility", the senator specified. "Those from Transnistria could have made this abduction, in order to distract the attention, and to tension the situation even more in Moldova", Ilie Ilascu said.

Ilascu stressed that what happened to the European MP Vlad Cubreacov is an extraordinary action. He also said that such a thing had never occured in the history of the Council of Europe. "I peronally got to know Vlad Cubreacov at the parliamentary session of the Council of Europe, and I am ready to give any possible help for his finding", Ilascu added. CHISINAU, MARCH 28, MOLDPRES