Israeli war crimes in Ramallah

Naji Dahi n.dahi12 at gte.net
Sun Mar 31 08:27:59 PST 2002

But to compare the occupied territories to Cambodia under the Khmer
> Rouge is quite a stretch, and it undermines the harsh and necessary
> criticism that Israel has abundantly earned.

While it might not be comparable right now, it has the real potential of developing into one. My fear is that the US media coverage of the process unfolding in the West Bank and Gaza is allowing Israel to do more damage, than had the media been more vigilant in its coverage. It is a shame that the most "legally" free media in the world is at the same time one of the most self-censored. Now that is what I call market discipline :-)

> > All you have to do is read the work of Simha Flapan or read the
> > autobiography of David Ben Gurion.
>
> Haven't read Ben Gurion, but have read Flapan's "Birth of Israel," as well
> as Moshe Sharret, Israel Shahak, Chomsky, Finkelstein, Said, et al.

I like reading the autobiographies, because the "confessions" by Sharret and Ben Gurion cannot be refuted by the pro-Israel camp in the US. While Chomsky, Said and others are a great read, Israel's "amen corner" can often claim that they are biased to discredit them. I found the work of Flapan irrefutable in that he used de-classified Israeli govt documents and Ben Gurion's own words to prove his point. I wonder how he died?

Naji