Israeli war crimes in Ramallah

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Sun Mar 31 07:44:33 PST 2002

Naji:

> Dennis,
>
> I have experienced the criminality of the Israelis first hand when I lived
> in Lebanon. I am a child of the Lebanese Civil War. I lived in Lebanon
from
> 1972 to 1988 and I witnessed what Isreal did during its invasion of
Lebanon.
> Sharon a blood thirsty murderer. If there is an evil in the world that
> President Bush should rail about, it is Sharon. I was there when the IDF
> under Sharon's instruction allowed the phalange militias to go in the
> refugee Palestinian camps and massacre the innocent. It was an orgy of
> blood.

I'm sure it was, and I do not underestimate the extent of Sharon's brutality and bloodlust. I consider him a war criminal worthy of the Hague. The IDF, under Sharon and others, have indeed committed mass murder and are in the process of spilling even more blood. It is tragic and criminal, and, yes, evil. But to compare the occupied territories to Cambodia under the Khmer Rouge is quite a stretch, and it undermines the harsh and necessary criticism that Israel has abundantly earned.

> All you have to do is read the work of Simha Flapan or read the
> autobiography of David Ben Gurion.

Haven't read Ben Gurion, but have read Flapan's "Birth of Israel," as well as Moshe Sharret, Israel Shahak, Chomsky, Finkelstein, Said, et al.

DP