a kvetch

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu May 2 15:35:41 PDT 2002

michael pugliese forwarded:

>suggest his
>past reveals a dangerous right-winger with supporters linked
to a
>number of
>shadowy extremist groups - including Le Pen's National Front,
pro-
>apartheid
>South Africans and the Ku Klux Klan.
>In October 1995, Duncan Smith was one of several Tories who
met
>senior
>figures in the French National Front and later drank with them
in a
>bar at
>Westminster. Bruno Gollnisch MEP, Le Pen's deputy, was at the

>meeting,
>which was said to be about the European Union.
>
>People at the meeting say the NF veteran and the Tory MPs -
including
>their
>future leader - found common ground in their hostility to the
EU.
>Gollnisch
>recalled: 'I came to meet members of the Conservative Party

>sympathetic to
>our views... I met Duncan Smith and others in their offices
and later
>we
>got together for less formal talks in a bar somewhere in the

>Parliament
>building.

Could people who forward stuff to the list try to format it decently? There are two Macintosh utilities that do this nicely - ungarble it! and TextSpresso. I'm sure there are even more Windows programs that do (though given how aesthetically challenged the Windows environment is, maybe not).

Doug