Terror Inc.

ravi gadfly at exitleft.org
Sat May 4 09:34:55 PDT 2002

Dennis Perrin wrote:

> But what would be an "appropriate international police response"? I mean, if
> it meant going in and ridding the Afghans of the Taliban, would that upset
> you? I've seen plenty of people say they'd support a "police action" but
> they never say how it would differ from what the US did.

it would differ in that the US wouldnt be doing it, to point out just the obvious though non-trivial difference - i believe its non-trivial because a whole lot of differences would spring out of that (the efforts of the multi-national forces in somalia could possibly be an example of these differences).

> I think that those who bleat about "police actions"
> and conducting "criminal investigations" are blowing smoke, 'cause when you
> get right down to it, they seem to prefer that nothing be done.

thats just your belief and should count for nothing in a logical debate, just as my belief that anyone espousing your position is potentially acting out of a sense of revenge.

if not lawful action on the basis of some accepted standard, what else? might makes right? ends justify the means?

--ravi