Terror Inc.

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Sat May 4 10:41:19 PDT 2002

Doug,

Hersh was all over the place in that thing. But I did note this:

> >"I'm sure this is the most serious threat we've ever faced since the
> >Third Reich. We have people that are committed that hate us, and
> >that want to destroy us, and instead of dealing with the underlying
> >issues that get people that way, we make it worse."

He got the underlying issues part right, without which force quickly becomes counterproductive. But the "left" can't make this argument, because they either believe in doing nothing (no matter how many thousands die, so long as they die inside the Belly of the Beast -- the Yoshie Option) or spout off about "police actions" which are never really specified.

DP