The Sorrow and the Pity Re: Terror Inc.

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Sat May 4 11:03:11 PDT 2002

>Luke Weiger wrote:
>
>> > This is just the point that got me in trouble when Rick Perlstein
>>> quoted me in the NY Observer saying that it would take considerable
>>> force to capture these motherfuckers.
>>
>>Clearly. But how much less than was employed, Doug?
>
>I don't know. I wish I did. And I wish I knew who'd apply it. The UN
>doesn't have an army - it needs member states to sign over their
>troops. And who would those be? The Netherlands? Suriname?
>
>On a related topic, how do people feel about the police
>investigations and arrests of alleged AQ members going on around the
>world?
>
>Doug

The results so far show that the war and police actions have netted few -- perhaps none? -- that could be plausibly linked to the direct responsibility for 9-11-01.

For some problems in the world, there is no psychologically satisfying solution (especially no satisfying answer that pleases everyone). Sometimes, nay, most of the times, the truly guilty party walk scot-free, be they 9-11-01 terrorists (other than the ones on the airliners), the power elite of the Empire, or surviving fascists and collaborators who had long and productive lives and even careers after WW2.

Have you (and other LBO-talkers) ever watched _Le chagrin et la pitié_ (Dir. Marcel Ophüls 1971)? -- Yoshie