Terror Inc.

Micheal Ellis onyxmirr at earthlink.net
Sat May 4 12:17:18 PDT 2002

>If anyone lives in a fantasy land, it's you Yoshie, dreaming about how your
>Leninist concept of politics will somehow take root among the poor and
>dispossessed of America. You are always banging on about organizing a "real"
>left; yet when a prime issue like this arises out of the smoke and ash of
>Ground Zero, where a "real" left committed to actual lives could make a
>difference, you raise your fist in the air and pretend it's 1969 all over
>again. The US was a growing empire in 1941, had invaded Nicaragua, had
>imperial/financial intentions in Asia and South America, allowed racial
>segregation at home among other sins. So what right did we have to attack
>the Germans or the Japanese? And why did the left of that period support
>imperial America? Were they living in a dream world?

no one is suggesting going to war against germany and japan was unjusified. obviously the situation wasn't or isn't black and white. the analogy of 9/11 or ahghanistan with WWII is completely idiotic. the taliban was never a global threat...not a (competing) imperialist power......they didn't go rampaging threatening to colonize all of europe. hell the taliban couldn't even go rampaging across their own demolished country. obviously a policing, international law action would not have worked in WWII. if your attempt is to present arguments or justifications for going to war you aren't doing a very good job of it. infact if anything you are presenting good arguments against the war in afghanistan.

~M.E.