Elbaum's "Revolution in the Air"

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Mon May 6 20:43:32 PDT 2002

--- Chip Berlet <cberlet at igc.org> wrote:

> The group I was talking about ended up the Communist
> Workers Party.

I was in the Communist Workers Party...Maybe, probably, almost certainly I knew your wife. I came in to the WVO late (1977, as a senior in High School) but I remember the line was that homosexuality was bourgeois decadence. This line rather abruptly began to change around early 1980 when the CWP went through a major reversal of line.

Anyway, I am about 60 pages into the Elbaum book, and it is an amazing chronicle of events of that time, although its analysis seems to be somewhat reformed "Line of March".

Thomas

===== "The tradition of all the dead generations

weighs like a nightmare on the brain of the living"

-Karl Marx