Fw: "for a long time history is made without them" Re: Terror Inc.

Ulhas Joglekar uvj at vsnl.com
Mon May 6 20:55:15 PDT 2002

From: Yoshie Furuhashi <furuhashi.1 at osu.edu>

> I don't see Sartre's view as incompatible with mine.

Sartre's view is not incompatible with Yoshi's view. But is Sartre's view relevant today? I don't see around me anti-imperialism on a mass scale. Anti-imperialism as a mass movement doesn't exist in Asia, except for the Arab world.

> >Yes, if there are many colonies left to lose.
>
> The US power elite have a world to lose (from their point of view), I
think.

US has enormous power, but that power is relative, not absolute. US policies towards China and Cuba are not identical. Conversely, China and Cuba don't have identical positions vis a vis the US. US doesn't deal with an undifferentiated mass called 'the Third World' as many Marxists tend to do. There is no 'Third World' in permanent opposition to the US.

Ulhas