Elbaum's "Revolution in the Air"

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Wed May 8 07:40:37 PDT 2002

One of my Trotskyist pals in S.F., Dave Walters tells a story of when he was in tghe SWP in the 70's working in the shipyards. (The industrialize the ex- student rads campaign, I guess.) One day a few loons from the Progressive Labor Party came to sell their rag during a bitter strike. Dave saw them from afar and tried to dissuade from from trying to do the agit-prop fandango. Nope. They just had to be beaten up by the workers. Who liked Dave and respected him. But, really hated snot nosed agitators with no real program rooted in the concrete situation. Michael Pugliese