anti-zionism

Nathan Newman nathan at newman.org
Fri May 10 07:43:35 PDT 2002

----- Original Message ----- From: "Justin Schwartz" <jkschw at hotmail.com>
>Are you for bombing Israel?
>Seth

-There is less than no chance that the US will ever treat Israel the way it -treated Yugoslavia, so your talk about supporting a US war against Israel is -totall idle. That bet will never be called. jks

Very true-- but I didn't ask the question and I don't normally discuss Israeli policies in those terms. Seth did. I was just noting the parallels between the situations as far as numbers killed-- numbers which were termed relatively minor in Kosovo but horrific in the case of the Palestinians. I think they are horrific in both and yes, the difference in Kosovo was that US policy was willing to act against Milosovic's regime but not against Sharon's.

But because the US would not act against Sharon's is no reason not to support US action against Milosevic's regime. That is the pragmatic view to get half a loaf of justice. And support the principle against Israel to demand as much justice as we can pressure the US to push for.

-- Nathan Newman