anti-zionism

Nathan Newman nathan at newman.org
Fri May 10 09:23:21 PDT 2002

----- Original Message ----- From: "Seth Ackerman" <sia at nyc.rr.com>

Nathan Newman wrote:
> If Israel started mass murder and mass explusions of the Palestinians,
yes.
> But I doubt it would come to that if the US withdrew all aid and even
> threatened to move in to defend the Palestinians.

-You were for bombing Serbia in March 1999, when about 1500 ethnic Albanians -had been killed. That qualified as mass murder. Now the number of -Palestinians killed is about the same, but it's not mass murder quite yet.

I was for bombing Belgrade (very targetted bombing BTW) when 800,000+ Kosovars had been expelled from the country and broader mass murders had begun, and only after an ultimatum had been given and refused.

Serbia had been under sanctions for years before the NATO intervention. That I state that I think we should start with sanctions and cutoff of aid to Israel first is not inconsistent with anything I believed about how to intervene against Milosevic.

-- Nathan Newman