anti-zionism

Seth Ackerman sia at nyc.rr.com
Fri May 10 09:45:15 PDT 2002

Nathan Newman wrote:

> I was for bombing Belgrade (very targetted bombing BTW) when 800,000+
> Kosovars had been expelled from the country and broader mass murders had
> begun, and only after an ultimatum had been given and refused.

No. 800,000 Kosovars were expelled *after* Belgrade was bombed. There was a sequence of historical events, Nathan. One thing came before the other. You seem to think it's like Latin sentence formation where you can shuffle the word order any way you like and it comes out meaning the same thing. *First* Serbia was bombed, *then* 800,000 Kosovars were expelled. (Actually, 1 million were expelled).

Or, as the British OSCE monitor in Kosovo told the Hague court the other day:

"My opinion was that up until the moment that we drove out of Kosovo on the 20th of March, I came across no indications that there was a plan to expel the civilian population. I was absolutely clear that there was a plan to deal with the KLA which would involve bringing in reinforcements of the Yugoslav Army and those reinforcements had started to arrive before we left. But I was not-I saw no evidence that such a plan to expel the civilian population existed as at 20th March."

Seth