anti-zionism

Nathan Newman nathan at newman.org
Fri May 10 10:17:49 PDT 2002

----- Original Message ----- From: "Seth Ackerman" <sia at nyc.rr.com>

Nathan Newman wrote:
> I was for bombing Belgrade (very targetted bombing BTW) when 800,000+
> Kosovars had been expelled from the country and broader mass murders had
> begun, and only after an ultimatum had been given and refused.

-No. 800,000 Kosovars were expelled *after* Belgrade was bombed. There was a -sequence of historical events, Nathan. One thing came before the other.

First, hundreds of thousands were already driven out before the day the intervention-- that had been going on throughout the year before intervention started. Second, the additional mass expulsions started as soon as bombing in KOSOVO started; bombing in Belgrade was not immediate.

But rehashing who can bring up the analysts who agree with different versions of the facts is not really useful-- I told you based on what facts lead me to what conclusions. I really don't need to hear more excuses for why what Milosevic was doing wasn't so bad-- i hear it enough from the Israeli apologists.

-- Nathan Newman