It's official: Support for bombing Israel

Bradley Mayer bradleymayer at yahoo.com
Fri May 10 16:19:03 PDT 2002

Ackk, I spoke too soon:

"I state I am in favor of cutting off all aid to Israel, erecting sanctions against Israel if they do not withdraw from the occupied territories, support deploying international troops in defense of the Palestinians, and in favor of threatening Israel with international intervention leading up to bombing if necessary to gain justice for the Palestinians."

So there you have it, folks: support for bombing Israel (if "leading up to" is not an equivocation).

For the record, I would be adamantly opposed to this barbarity. What's with this Anglo-American fetish for "bombing" as the magic pill solution for every situation? Is it just sheer cowardice?

Meanwhile, back in RealityLand, it would be sufficient to effect a drastic policy change, I am certain, to simply stop supplying Israel with bombs. No real need to even think this hypothesis.

-Brad Mayer