Suicide Bombers

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon May 13 12:28:42 PDT 2002

michael pugliese wrote:

>My problem, I guess, is that I've spent way too many yrs.
>reading leftist magazines from the anti-Stalinists at New Left
>Review to the dreadful hacks of Political Affairs of the CPUSA
>augmented by neo-con and anarchist and libertarian communist
>journals like Workers Liberty in the U.K. and trots like at
>WSWS, not to spot pro-Soviet apologetics from a mile away.

There's your problem. You spend so much time reading sectarian loons of the left and right that it's damaging your brain. No serious person reading Saunders' book could call it Soviet apologetics (though maybe I'm partial to it because its closing words are a quote from me). It's much more apparent from a mile away than on its actual pages.

Doug