Hotbeds of dissent

joanna bujes joanna.bujes at ebay.sun.com
Mon May 13 14:40:33 PDT 2002

At 05:24 PM 05/13/2002 -0400, you wrote:

> > Well if "mainstream liberal" means somebody like Clinton, then yes.
> >
> > Joanna
>
>Horowitz classifies mainstream liberals as radical pinkos. In your unique
>taxonomy, such persons are "quite conservative." I think both of you might
>be overstating your cases.

Well, if you compare me with Horowitz, you're bound to get some funny looking results.

When I think of a "mainstream liberal" I think of someone who basically supports capitalism because, in this "world of self-seeking individuals," it's the best we can do. That seems to me to be a basically conservative position.

Joanna