Zionism and Anti-Zionism

Max Sawicky sawicky at bellatlantic.net
Tue May 14 08:27:22 PDT 2002

> Brad DeLong says:
> > there are people on both sides--more
> > on the Arab side, I think, however--who love the smell of napalm
>
> Ah yes, when the argument isn't going your way, simply resort to pure,
> unadulterated racism. Where are the cries from the rest of the list about
> the "smell test" the supposedly comes into play whenever someone says
> anything about "the Jews"? But say "the Arabs" and make allusions to their
> violent, aggressive, terrorist nature (while simultaneously playing the
> stupid and bankrupt "violence is bad on both sides" non-argument) and ...
> hey man, it's all good.

I'm too busy changing '\' to '/' on my web site for all those poor sods with Netscape 4.79 to read all these messages, so I don't have time to correct everyone's mistakes, but BDL did say "people on both sides-more on the Arab side" and not "the Arabs." The grammar is quite different and, I think, acceptable.

mbs