Nixon's the One

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue May 14 12:13:44 PDT 2002

Carrol Cox wrote:

>P.S. I suspect that Nathan would really be a much happier person if he
>could throw off the nightmarish weight of having to defend the DP and
>the AFL-CIO. I sort of feel sympathy for him.

The upside of having Dems in office is that we don't have to listen to people explaining how much better things would be were Dems in office. If Gore were prez, Afg and Jenin would be pretty much as they are now and fiscal policy would be tighter, but there might be fewer illusions on the so-called left on why that was.

Doug