Mandela's New Job

Bradley Mayer bradleymayer at yahoo.com
Tue May 14 13:40:38 PDT 2002

I was poking around to see why gold stocks have gone up so much in the last few months (they are the the best-performing sector in the NY stock market right now), and I found this passage in a analyst commentary:

"The world's battered economies, the ones that rely on metals and other natural resources for their livelihoods, like Ghana, Australia, South Africa, Chile, Canada, even Russia, will be less battered. We'll be seeing more folk heroes from the top bullion producers, like South Africa's Nelson Mandela this week, ringing the bell at the New York Stock Exchange, or listing on the Toronto Stock Exchange"

So, _that's_ what Mr. Mandela's doing these days: A bell-ringer for the NYSE! (I wonder who handles his portfolio?)

Who's next, Fidel Castro?

-Brad Mayer