celebrity boxing update

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Wed May 15 07:34:26 PDT 2002

> FOX Television has scratched John Wayne Bobbitt from tonight's taping
> of "Celebrity Boxing 2" because the former Marine with the reattached
> penis gave his current wife a bone-breaking beating on Monday night.

If Mike "I'm Completely Outta My Mind" Tyson loses to Lennox Lewis next month, maybe he can fight Bobbitt. After all, they have the same luck with women, and there's the subplot of Bobbitt's severed member and Tyson's penchant for biting into flesh . . .

> The other matches, which Fox will air May 22 at 8:30 p.m., feature
> Manute Bol vs. William ("Refrigerator") Perry, Darva Conger vs. Olga
> Korbut, and Ron Palillo ("sweathog" Horshack on "Welcome Back,
> Kotter") vs. Dustin Diamond, Screech on "Saved By the Bell."

The most intriguing match here is Bol v. The Fridge -- a skinny 7' 7" former NBA center against the now-400 lbs. ex-Chicago Bear lineman. Sort of a 5th rate rerun of Ali/Frazier. Biggest mismatch: Screech v. Horshack. Screech is an accomplished martial artist while Horshack does Neil Simon in small West Hollywood theaters.

DP