The New Crusade

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Thu May 16 06:04:30 PDT 2002

> THE NEW CRUSADE
>
> By Jack A. Smith
>
> Why, aside from providing the American people with an eye-for-an-eye
> moment of cathartic revenge and to launch a series of unjust wars, did
> the Bush administration bomb and invade Afghanistan into submission?

So happy to see the "left" still asking such penetrating questions, and for using the term "revolt" (as does Smithy further down) to describe the 9/11 attacks, which not only puts them in line with Wahabbi enthusiasts, but also various neo-Nazi groups. Oh, if only the Taliban and their al-Qaeda chums were still running Afghanistan and spreading more of their anti-imperial "revolt" our way!

DP