Do Everythinger

Tahir Wood twood at uwc.ac.za
Thu May 23 00:22:09 PDT 2002

Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 08:03:18 -0400 From: kelley at pulpculture.org Subject: Re: Do Everythinger

At 03:49 PM 5/21/02 -0500, Carrol Cox wrote:

>I don't know whether Kelley is hallucinating or this is a more or less
>deliberate lie, but it is a glaring instance of why I quit reading her
>some months ago.
>
>Carrol

Tahir: Am I the only one to notice that our comrade could not have written this if he had indeed "quit reading her some months ago"? Not very intelligent, Carrol. But my real point comes below this:

FOAD

Yoshie: "Revolution must have seemed a distant hope at the beginning of the First World War, and then look what happened. A protracted large-scale war of the kind that appears to be in the works, with ground troops and all, has a potential to destabilize many regimes, unlike a brief cruise-missile strike from afar. It's a danger, but also an opportunity, for anyone who seeks to bring about radical social change, be it for the left or the right."

Tahir: This sentiment may look merely despicable to ordinary human beings, which it is, but it is more important to realise that this epitomises the 'strategy and tactics' mentality, which is Lenin's great legacy to us all. But the claims made above are utterly false. There were millions upon millions killed in the first world war, in the Russian civil war, and under Stalin. Yet we are to believe that all this led to "radical social change" and that it was therefore kind of worthwhile in some way. Rubbish. It led to nothing of the sort. Radical change if it means anything of the kind would be an irreversible change in human consciousness and in human custom, not simply the imposition of a new regime. The transition from feudalism to capitalism and to bourgeois democracy was a radical social change. The Russian revolution was nothing of the sort. Leninism is based on the crudest sort of metaphor, of the kind 'revolution is war' and therefore it must be carried out as war, wit! h ! its generals, its master strategists and tacticians and its chain of command. Casualties are OK in large numbers as long as the enemy's terrirtories are seized and his government replaced by one's own, etc. The word "opportunity" in the above quote says it all. Comrades, if you don't want us to tell you that you're talking shit, THEN DON'T FUCKING TALK SHIT, OK? Go Kelley girl, I'm wit' you. Tahir