Do Everythinger

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu May 23 13:39:35 PDT 2002

Doug Henwood wrote:

> Jesus, Carrol, you taught English for how many years? What in Tahir's
> post led you to this fanciful interpretation? Did you read Pound and
> Milton so recklessly too? It's no wonder you truncated the quote
> after only one sentence, becuase had you included any more of Tahir's
> words, your gloss would have looked even more absurd than it does now.

Doug, for someone who has beaten the drums for irony all these years you are certainly rather literal-minded. I was merely applying the logic to Tahir that he and others like him regularly apply to those they disagree with. In a cliche Earle Stanley Gardner loved, they take a button and sew a vest on it. I was returning the favor.

You didn't object a year or so ago when I appled the same interpretive technique to posts from Mark JOnes.

:-)

Carrol