Do Everythinger

kelley at pulpculture.org kelley at pulpculture.org
Thu May 23 14:07:12 PDT 2002

At 03:39 PM 5/23/02 -0500, Carrol Cox wrote:

>Doug, for someone who has beaten the drums for irony all these years you
>are certainly rather literal-minded. I was merely applying the logic to
>Tahir that he and others like him regularly apply to those they disagree
>with.

you attributed all sorts of things to Tahir that he did not say. he clearly does not think about this issue in terms of moral disgust with you or your character (or Y*oshe's for that matter). He has a critique of Leninism. He does not reject Leninists and think they should be excluded from the left. there isn't one point in his post when he said that.

why can't you respect the fact that people have theoretical and practical critiques of Lenin's theory and Leninist practice? Why do you claim it's personal, when the people you are replying to draw on theory and political practice in their arguments?

kelley