"Peace Activists" (a misnomer) Re: Do Everythinger

Chuck Munson chuck at tao.ca
Sat May 25 22:22:27 PDT 2002

Dennis Perrin wrote:

> > On 9-11 we saw how a well-organized group of 19 guys could bring the
> > world's superpower to its knees. All of the money spent on the CIA and on
> > weapons systems couldn't prevent an attack on the U.S., including a direct
> > attack on the Pentagon.
> >
> > Protests are nice, but we need to raise the stakes if we are serious about
> > stopping the war machine.
>
> > << Chuck0 >>
>
> Well, I'm sure al-Qaeda has some openings, Chuck. Didn't you say you're out
> of a job? (Flying lessons . . . flying lessons . . .)

I don't understand why you are suggesting that I join Al Queda. Are you incapable of seeing a point that I'm only repeating from Ted Rall? Leftists are really good at running around and crying about how they are being repressed, using the spectre of John Ashcroft to justify their damn hand-wringing. My point is that we should be more aggreseive in our efforts to oppose the U.S. war machine.

<< Chuck0 >>

Personal homepage -> http://flag.blackened.net/chuck0/home/index.html Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Anarchy: AJODA -> http://www.anarchymag.org/ MutualAid.org -> http://www.mutualaid.org/ Factsheet 5 -> http://www.factsheet5.org/ AIM: AgentHelloKitty

Web publishing and services for your nonprofit: Bread and Roses Web Publishing http://www.breadandrosesweb.org/

"...ironically, perhaps, the best organised dissenters in the world today are anarchists, who are busily undermining capitalism while the rest of the left is still trying to form committees."

-- Jeremy Hardy, The Guardian (UK)