"Peace Activists" (a misnomer) Re: Do Everythinger

Nathan Newman nathan at newman.org
Sun May 26 05:39:14 PDT 2002

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chuck Munson" <chuck at tao.ca>

>Leftists are really good at running around and crying about how they are
>being repressed, using the spectre of John Ashcroft to justify their damn
>hand-wringing. My point is that we should be more aggreseive in our
>efforts to oppose the U.S. war machine.

But all you mention is sabotague, not only ineffective but antidemocratic. As I noted when the April 20th marches occurred, leftists now spend most of their time talking to themselves rather than spending the same time doing outreach to those who disagree with them to convince them. And in a democracy, the simplest way to oppose politics you disagree with is to run candidates, but how many antiwar groups bothered to run anyone in their local primaries?

-- Nathan Newman