Gerard Baker: A callow cowboy stumbles

pms laflame at aaahawk.com
Wed May 29 20:35:01 PDT 2002

I still keep thinking now and then of the way Eisenhower made quite deliberate political capital of his [quite deliberarely assumed] face of public buffoonery.

Carrol

Sometimes I wonder if they are paradeing him around to help bring down the dollar. The Bush smirking over the risque painting, that's the guy I saw at the National Cathedral service after Sept 11. Him and Laura like two hap-hap-happy puppies every time someone said nice things about him. Baker gives whoring a bad name.