Chomsky News Network

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Thu May 30 09:03:03 PDT 2002

``...Chomsky referred to the opening quote after Bennett suggested he did say in the book that the US deserved it....'' Peter

And that would be wrong because....?

See I don't get it. What's wrong with suggesting that the US not only deserved it, but has been begging for it for decades.

Why is it so essential to do this little genuflection? This little mantra on how we are all stocked and appalled, and how any form of criticism of US is a poisonous slander tantamount to condoning terrorism.

I mean that sort of phony bullshit begs to be pissed on.

Ah, here we go, just read Kelley channelling her mother-in-law. So sure, let's get it out. Fuck the US. We are an asshole people, stingy, mean, stupid, and brutal. I have no idea why people come here. Explain it to me again. I don't get it.

And yes, I am completely incapable of saying one decent word about this jerk-off country---except I like Berkeley. What are you going to do about?

Chuck Grimes