Chomsky News Network

kelley at pulpculture.org kelley at pulpculture.org
Thu May 30 09:26:28 PDT 2002

At 09:03 AM 5/30/02 -0700, Chuck Grimes wrote:

>And yes, I am completely incapable of saying one decent word about
>this jerk-off country---except I like Berkeley. What are you going to
>do about?
>
>Chuck Grimes

i suspect a social movement based on this kind of splitting (and accompanying projection and introjection) is not going to be a healthy one. this psychological process is usually seen as one of the contributing roots of racist oppression. others argue that the psychological process of splitting is exploited by class society to encourage nationalism and other foul social processes. how can it possible be a basis for a progressive, radical social movement?

kelley