Chomsky News Network

kelley at pulpculture.org kelley at pulpculture.org
Thu May 30 12:24:52 PDT 2002

At 03:05 PM 5/30/02 -0400, Todd Archer wrote:

>I can understand people wanting things this important put into verbiage
>that would resonate with them, but why on Earth should he lie to them?

because he does believe it. in my haste, i left out the part where he was asking USers to live up to their ideals. he said something to that effect, that people would be disgusted if they knew what went on. they wouldn't support it. i took it to be a really lame response because it was not said with much conviction. i don't know why, but i suspect it was because he got angry with bennettbarf and lit into him with personalized attack "you ought to be ashamed of yourself" routine. no doubt true bennettbarf should, but a waste of precious time and energy.

kelley