Iceland to wean itself off of fossil fuel

ChrisD(RJ) chrisd at russiajournal.com
Fri May 31 03:00:01 PDT 2002

Iceland is a fascinating country. A few years ago I got so interested in the place that I started to study Icelandic (otherwise known as Old Norse). Discovered North America centuries before that Columbus jerk.

One of the stars for me in 20th Century literature was Icelandic novelist (and die-hard Commie) Haldor Laxness. His book "Independent People" is a thing of beauty.

Chris Doss The Russia Journal ------------------ Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 21:42:09 -0500 From: Jeffrey Fisher <jfisher at igc.org> Subject: Re: Iceland to wean itself off of fossil fuel

exactly. how forward thinking. it boggles the mind. and to think that some whacky icelander thought of it almost 30 years ago! it must be the effects of the latitude and/or cold up there . . .