How Great We Are

Max B. Sawicky sawicky at bellatlantic.net
Fri May 31 05:29:47 PDT 2002

>From my Blog.

As Whitman said, I celebrate and quote myself, or something like that . . .

CHOMSKY: I don't. I choose to live in what I think is the greatest country in the world, which is committing horrendous terrorist acts and should stop.

MaxSpeak: This line discombobulated a bunch of my slightly far-out friends. They have apparently internalized Bozo's equation of the crimes of the USG with "the country" and react by disassociating themselves from "the country," not incidentally putting themselves out on the political equivalent of Neptune. Political tip to agitators: don't attack your intended audience as war criminals. If your intended audience is indeed made up of war criminals, you need to pick a new audience. Obviously the fact that I live here says something about what I think of the country, although I also dig France, Canada, the Netherlands, Italy, and merrye England.