Iceland to wean itself off of fossil fuel

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Fri May 31 07:47:47 PDT 2002

>my last evidence-laden post having been ignored entirely, i return with
>yet another annoying pile of dreadful, argument-killing evidence on this issue:

There is no doubt in my mind that there are superior alternatives to gas powered cars, such as hydrogen fuel. Another one is public transportation - a proven technology that is much cheaper, faster, and more efficient - and also less prone to be used as a vehicle for unreasonable searches and seizures. But there is no public transportation in the US outside New York City. Why, then, should we believe that a less proven technology (hydrogen) will replace the gas powered car? If the past is any indication of the future, we will see even more gas guzzling SUV monstrosities.

wojtek